As God’s Word directs, our mission is to glorify God by being and making disciples of Jesus Christ through evangelism, worship, teaching, and fellowship (Matthew 28:19-20).
Our articles of faith.
Our pastoral staff.
The first meeting of the Germantown Hills Baptist Church was held in the home of Art & Lois Ginz on October 18, 1952. The church held a recognition council in January of 1953 and at that time joined the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches (GARBC). There were 11 charter members. Rev. Sheral Gregory served as the first Pastor. The first church building, on the corner of Ten Mile Creek Road and Jo Street, was dedicated in March of 1953. Rev. Robert Ketchem was the guest speaker.
Rev. Bob Buda was the second Pastor, coming in August of 1954. During his ministry a parsonage was built next to the church in 1956 and the church was very active in the beginning of the state camp near Cazenovia. In 1963, the church moved to their new and present location at 304 Schmitt Lane in Germantown Hills.
Other Pastors who have served are Rev. Don Russell and Rev. Don Shawback. Pastor Shawback came as a missionary Pastor and when he completed his ministry in 1975, the church was self-supporting.
Pastor Russell Davis came in January of 1976. Under his ministry the current parsonage was built in 1977 and the fellowship hall was added to the church in 1980.
Pastor Davis retired in 1983 and Pastor Don Collings came to serve as Pastor for the next 13 years. During Pastor Collings tenure, a new sanctuary/auditorium was begun in 1996 and later completed after his ministry had ended. Pastor Don Whitman was called as the Pastor in the summer of 1997 and his ministry continued until September 2005. During Pastor Whitman’s ministry Larry Lindow was called to serve as Youth Pastor and he continued in that position until 2005. Pastor Robert Fields became the Pastor on October 1, 2006 and is the current Pastor. Nat Kealen was called to be the Associate Pastor on September 1, 2007 and he currently continues in that ministry.